Monday, September 12, 2011

Baby Steps

photo credit here
This being my first post at digginmyroots, I thought I'd clarify one thing right off - I am not an expert family history buff. But I am enthusiastic about it! I feel like it's a really important thing for me to do. So despite having a new baby and a busy 3y/o, I want to figure out how to fit doing family history into my life.

That's going to take some baby steps.

Step 1: Find 10-15 minutes to sit at computer with no more than 1 child on lap
Step 2: Pull out family history folder and open database
Step 3: Just do it!
Step 4: Repeat as often as possible

I am aiming for 4 days a week at 10-15 minutes per time. I don't want to set the bar too high or I may give up. I'm also committed to attending the Family History Library at least once a month (probably during our 2nd Sunday time slot). I figure if I structure the time, the content will follow - I'll keep you posted on how that works out for me.

What are your 'baby steps'? Any tips and tricks you've seen work?

2 comments:

eLLe said...

Great ideas! Having a desire is half way there! Setting aside time is paving the way. I'll comment in a post on more tips. Thanks for you comment!

Megan said...

That is a great idea to have a short amount of time several days a week to dedicate to family history. I might use your idea!

Post a Comment