Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Importance of Just One Record

My research focus has been on my Dad's father's line - particularly the siblings of my grandfather. I thought I had exhausted all of the sources for one of my grandfather's sisters. Then, I checked Ancestry.com one more time. I found a probate record for this aunt. It indicated that she had left all of the money she had at the time of her death to her widowded sister. THE EXCITING THING WAS THAT IT GAVE THE MARRIED NAME OF THE WIDOWDED SISTER - something I had not been able to discover previously.

As a result of finding this one probate record with this one bit of new information, I have been able to find the names of 97 ancestors who have not had their temple work done. And, I am not finished researching this line. Initially, I thought I would share this on our ward blog after I came to an end on this line. But, that may be so far in the future that I decided to share where I was as of December 1.

Stay tuned for a future update.

Jackie Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment